My husband walks in from work and asks me “whats for dinner?”. Well lets see ‘clear soup, chunks of chicken and some sweet corn’… Yes, Chicken Corn Soup is on the menu today.
Its time to say good bye to summers and embrace winters. This soup is a comfort food for me helping me to cope with the chill of winters and with garlic bread on its side it is a complete nutritious meal. I make it once or sometimes twice a week in winters. It so easy to make and very tasty. Enjoy !!!
- 1 (cut into very small bite size pieces) chicken breast
- 2 knorr chicken flavored bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon/to taste salt
- to taste pepper
- 1 cup corn
- 5 to 6 cups water
- 1 lightly beated egg
- 2 tablespoon (mixed with 1/2 cup water) corn flour
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon (finely chopped) garlic
- Take a heavy bottom pot and add in the oil ans garlic and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add in the chicken and season it with salt and pepper (while adding salt keep in mind that the chicken bouillon cubes already have salt)
- keep frying the chicken until changes color and is a little brown stir occasionally.
- Add in the water and the chicken bouillon cubes.
- Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes and then add the corns.
- Let the soup simmer again for another 20 minutes on low flame.
- Now pour in the egg. Don’t keep on pouring it at one spot rather pour all over little by little. wait for 30 seconds and then give the soup a good stir.
- Add in the cornflour mixture and stir. Simmer for for 5 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread, soup sticks or plain bread.
If you want to add in vegetables like carrots or cabbage you can add them right before (2 minutes) you add water. Just add in the chicken and saute it for 2 minutes. It will add to the nutritional value of the soup :-) I add a few drops of soya sauce and hot sauce for additional flavor.