This weekend I was craving for chocolate so I decided to bring these classic brownies to my kitchen counter. Some premium quality chocolate, very little flour and walnuts and you have got a yourself a treat. I feel that it is the only dessert that can satisfy a serious chocoholic like me.
I have been making brownies since I was a little girl. With very few ingredients it hardly took me 15 minutes to put these beauties together. Just whisk, pour and bake, you can never go wrong with them. So next time, when you have some friends coming over make sure you bring these fudgy brown treats to the table and you will feel like a star, they are always such a huge hit and well received. Rather I would say why to wait for company you can bake one of these to treat yourself ( I have … Several times … It feels so good).
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces Milk chocolate
- 2 ounces semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon instant espresso powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-porpose flour
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven at 325 F or 160 C. Butter a 8 inch square baking pan and line it with parchment paper or foil.
- Set a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Put the butter and both chocolates in the bowl and stir occasionally until the butter and the chocolates have just melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and with a whisk stir in the sugar.
- One by one whisk in the eggs.
- Now add in the vanilla and give it a vigorous whisk.
- Add in the espresso powder (If adding) and whisk.
- Now fold in the salt and flour until just mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until if a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked take allow to cool in the pan until room temperature and the take out of the pan onto a cutting board and cut 2 inch squares.
If you go through the recipe you will realize that these brownies are all about the chocolate. The original recipe called for 4 oz bitter chocolate and 2 oz semi sweet chocolate but, i used the combination of milk and semi sweet chocolate. You can use any combination chocolate you like (Dark, Milk, Semisweet).
Try out this recipe and I promise that you will then find excuses to bake these brownies. I love them and I am sure you will too. Enjoy !!!!